Monday, March 12, 2007

Because I need another blog like a hole in the head.

Hi, it's Amblus and apparently I'm bored and need another stupid blog. This one is going to be all my mountain biking and cycling-related crap because maybe it'll actually get updated unlike my Diaryland nonsense. We'll see.

Yesterday was the first race of the season and I...was not there. Between the time change, the new REALLY early start time for Sport Women (wtf?) and a hacking cough I can't seem to shake, it just didn't seem like the time to start getting competitive. See also: hadn't been on my bike in nearly two weeks. Spinning class, while a nice diversion, isn't the same thing. Spinning amuses me because it's the exact opposite of what you actually do in real life. I once complained to the instructor that the "downhill" sections didn't make any sense to me because who pedals rillyrilly fast downhill? Why aren't we pretending to coast? I got a dirty look for that one.

Anyway, I did do a short ride yesterday just to get back in the game - we did the North Trail, Belle Island and I did half of Forest Hill before I had to leave to go to a meeting. As I suspected, my chest congestion was SUPER F'ING HELPFUL on the hill climbs. *hork*

It's supposed to be beautiful later this week, so hopefully I'll get out after work one day, now that daylight savings time has come, robbing me of my precious sleep.

No comments: