There's a race this Sunday (2nd in a series of 3) and I just don't know how I feel about it. I did the entire series last year and did pretty well, so I think I'd just been assuming I'd do it again. I missed the first one back in April because I was sick. This one, well, I have a lot of reasons why I probably shouldn't do it, but I just can't make up my mind.
- I rarely get to ride this course.
- I'd be able to gauge my progress against last year's time.
- I won't feel like a quitter.
- I like racing! I always feel accomplished afterwards even if I also feel like puking.
- I have to do a craft show all day outside on Saturday (which is always exhausting)
- This means no race pre-ride.
- There's an organized women's ride on Saturday, which means all of my competition will get to try out the course in advance.
- The race is at 9:30am Sunday and the course is a 30 minute drive so I'd have to get up at ...ugh. Early. I'd have to get up early.
- Sunday afternoon I have a Craft Mafia gathering to attend, so I'd have to leave immediately after the race.
- This means no post-race nap.
- It's been raining buckets for the past few days, so I haven't even ridden since last week sometime. Maybe Thursday? I can't even remember. That's not good.
- It's going to be ridiculously hot this weekend.
- $30 I'll never see again.